A favorite - proceed with caution
"This is a family favorite - and I get in trouble if I don't bring it to holiday gatherings! So, proceed with caution. This recipe is from Heaven Sent, my Christmas choir girl romance." - Sherri Schoenborn Murray
Banana Cream Dessert
I usually make this the day before serving as it takes a while to set up - and tastes better. Chill at least four hours, but for best results make the night before serving.Makes one 9 x 13 pan
- • 10 Tablespoons melted butter
- • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- • 1 and 1/4 cups flour
- • 1 - 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- • 1 cup powdered sugar
- • 8-to 9-ounce container Cool Whip, softened to room temperature Pudding Layer:
- • 2 x 4-serving-size packages vanilla instant pudding
- • 3 cups milk
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • Bananas to slice on top right before serving
For the CRUST
- 1. Preheat oven to 325’ F.
- 2. Mix the crust ingredients right in the glass 9 x 13 glass pan.
- 3. Press the buttery-ball mixture with a sheet of waxed paper (otherwise, it’s sticky) until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- 4. Bake in for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5. Cool completely before adding the cream cheese layer.
For the CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar and fold in Cool Whip until thoroughly mixed. Then spread over the cooled crust.
For the PUDDING LAYER:
- Beat pudding mix, milk and vanilla until thickened. Pour over Cool Whip layer and smooth over the top.
- Chill at least four hours. For best results, make the night before serving.
- Use a flat-bottomed spatula/cake server to transfer individual slices onto plates then top with freshly sliced bananas.